
So I was on our deck today talking to Lisa on the phone and a gust of wind blows by... followed by a HUGE crash. So our easy-to-clean, fold-in, double pane window folded in all on it's own and shattered in our breakfast room/kitchen area. Lovely. So at 37+ weeks pregnant I spent about an hour trying to pick up giant shards of glass off the floor, vacuum it up and make sure there wasn't any glass to hurt our feet, Clark's feet or kitty paws. And of course then I poked my hand with some glass and had blood pooling in my hand while I'm trying to clean with the other, because I didn't want to walk to the sink to wash it and track glass over there. Then when Rich got home from work he vacuumed two more times and steam mopped and we're STILL finding tiny glass pieces- it's crazy. Shoes only in the kitchen for a long time now. Wish we could call the landlord and have him fix everything- I've got no idea where to begin getting a new window. And I think we just need the new glass, since the frame is OK. We'll see. But right now I've got a pretty ghetto plastic garbage bag duck taped to the window frame since we're getting thunderstorms tonight. Lovely! I had to snap a quick photo with my phone since it was all I had on me before I started cleaning. It's not a great pic, but you get the point. Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment