Saturday, June 13, 2009

38+ week date night-


Last night Clark's Gramme picked him up for a sleep over at her house. We've had this on the calendar for a long time, but the timing actually ended up working out perfect! We got word that I'll officially be induced on Monday, so this is our last weekend as parent's of just one little dude. (They have chosen to induce since my labor with Clark was so quick, they want to make sure we get the the hospital on time with this little one and I've gotta say I'm actually relieved that we'll be able to get Clark settled in properly before Dex comes.) So we went out for a nice dinner, a walk, ice cream and then home for a movie. It was perfect. But not as perfect as sleeping in today was! We're trying to rest up as much as possible before ALL the sleepless nights we have right around the corner :)

So today before Gramme brings Clark back we're getting the house in order, putting the final touches on the hospital bag etc and just making sure we're totally ready for Monday. It's SO different having an induction date and knowing the finite end of things- I imagine the trip to the hospital is going to be so much different! Last time it was 5:30 in the morning and I was in serious pain as Rich did his best to not get pulled over while rushing me in. And this time I'll have to drop Clark off before and I know I'm going to cry when I say bye to him. I cried when I found out about my induction date and it really hit me that Clark's life is going to change so drastically so soon. He really is a nurturing little boy though and we think he's going to love being a big brother. So on that note, the rest of this weekend is ALL about Clark. We've got some fun stuff planned for him to enjoy his last weekend as a single child. We'll keep you posted on Monday for sure! Love hospitals with WiFi :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg i can't wait! you look adorable in that picture!