Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Momma Maheu

Today officially marks the one year point when I haven't seen or spoken to my mom. I can't believe a whole year has passed already. I used to not go a day or two without talking to her and could never imagine how hard it would be to lose that. It has been hard. Hard in a way I never thought, but I have made it through this year. I was thinking today about all that has happened in this past year- how proud she would be of her growing grandchildren, and the grandbaby she hasn't met yet (and ours that she will never get to meet either.) How I have missed being able to call her with the big news, and small news and everything in between. It doesn't seem fair that she's not here anymore, but I have to tell myself we have had a lifetime of amazing memories with her, and I'm actually lucky to have had such a wonderful mom- even if it was for shorter than I wanted. And, I was reminded today how many wonderful caring people I have in my life. People that thought enough to call, text and let me know they were thinking of my family. We have been blessed in so many ways, it makes the really tough days bearable in some strange way.

I love you mom, and miss you each and every day. I hope you are looking down on your growing family with peace and love and can enjoy all our small and large moments. There has been such a gap in our lives now that you're gone and I can't wait to see you again someday!

Look how adorable she was!


I loved riding the carousel with my mom and always looked forward to being able to ride it with my own child. And, I love that Clark likes it as well- I think of her every time we take him on one.


Seriously, what woman would don a pink wig and head to a drag show with their daughter for their bachelorette party- and have a good time!






I'm so lucky my mom was able to be there when Clark was born. I know it gave her great peace to see her children happily settled down and starting families.


One of the last big things she did was plan my dad's surprise 60th birthday- and we all had SO much fun.


My mom LOVED California. So much she never wanted to come back to the midwest. I think she was a California girl at heart. I love this picture of my mom and dad enjoying their lives in the way they always wanted to- in a way their worked SO hard to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Lindsay. You wrote such a beautiful blog about your mother. You know she is watching you and your family grow no matter where she is..and if you think about it, you have a real angel watching over you in heaven. She will always guide your children and watch over them and your family. I LOVE YOU....B

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I never got to meet your mom, but being at the services for her last year and hearing all the beautiful things that were said, I know she was a special and wonderful lady. My thoughts are with you guys today. Much Love, EBeth