Monday, January 19, 2009

Poor Sick Baby

Baby Clark has NOT been feeling well!!! Yesterday evening we took his temp because he seemed warm and it was 103. We got it down to 101 before bed, but it was right back up to 104.2 in the morning (even with middle of the night meds) so to the doc we went. They couldn't find anything wrong with him, even though I was thinking he might have an ear infection. The only other time he's gotten a decent fever before was for a double ear infection. But the poor little guy was still so off tonight. All he wanted to do was cuddle which of course we didn't mind at all but we did miss all his smiles. His face has been bright red the whole day though and when we put his jammies on he looked like he had sunburn all over. It was 104 again tonight, but down to 102.5 by the time he went to sleep. Rich ran out and invested in the good ear thermometer tonight so we can temp while he's sleeping and not bother him too much, and I already have my alarm set for 1am to give him more meds. Hopefully in the morning he'll be back to his normal self because if not his doc wants us to take him in for a chest xray... I really hope we don't have to do that! I'm thankful that we have 2 of the top 10 children's hospitals in the country within a 2 mile radius of our house. But it's crazy to me that they don't start worrying about fevers until 105. I start worrying way before that-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

105! SERIOUSLY I WOULD BE FREAKING OUT! GIVE MY BABY A KISS FOR ME!