Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nursery for #2

Today we put a deposit down on nursery furniture for #2 and we're headed out to the burbs to make that purchase Monday! We found a fantastic deal on a beautiful dark wood crib and dresser (which will also serve as the changing table) at a little boutique where we got Clark's crib and rocker- and thanks to Rich's folks and Grandma it's even more affordable. Thanks guys!!!! The great thing is now both boys will have solid cribs that will grow with them since they both convert to full size beds.


So above is our nursery ideas for #2, modern and earthy. I think we're going to paint the walls a nice latte color (similar to the color behind the branch shelf) with a big orange stripe near the ceiling. The furniture will be chocolate brown wood and my amazing cousin is going to make us crib sheets and an accent pillow out of that cool brown/orange bird fabric since all the crib sheets I've found in that fabric online go for over $40 a pop. No thanks :) And on etsy.com I found this really neat tree wall decal (a little different than the one shown) that we can order in chocolate brown and it will be huge behind the dresser/changing table. Now I just need to find a couple orange changing pad covers hopefully in a minki dot...

2 comments:

The H's said...

love the scheme! the dresser is stunning! lucky baby boy!

Anonymous said...

Love it...adorable and totally YOU!