Saturday, November 22, 2008

Let them eat pie.

I am lucky enough to have a friend who lives a block away. And I'm even luckier that she has a friend who is a pie chef :) Tonight a bunch of the Tower Grove ladies headed over to Shannon's house for a little from-scratch pie-making session and a TON of wine (of course I didn't partake in that last part, but man it sounded so good) Why do I crave wine when I'm pregnant? It's just not right. But the pies came out really really delicious and now I'm exhausted and stuffed. We (and I use that term loosely) made pumpkin pie with caramel sauce and fresh made whip cream, homemade chocolate pecan pie and an apple pie with fresh thyme.

I walked into the kitchen to find this TOWER of butter, and instantly knew these pies were going to be fantastic... and healthy... oh wait.



Some of the girls kneading the homemade dough.


Who knew that in a pinch beer bottles work GREAT as rolling pins?!?!? And the lovely chef explained that the coolness of it is actually good for the dough.



And, this is a diabetic serving of pumpkin pie with caramel sauce and scratch whip cream. Actually, this was a splurge- and I don't regret a second of it! Lucky me though the chef forgot to add sugar to her apple pie and I got to take the whole thing home :)



A handful of our "to go" pies. YUMMY! Too bad Rich doesn't like pumpkin pie. I might have to eat the whole thing myself! A pregnant girl's nightmare for sure.

No comments: