Sunday, December 11, 2011

FIVE!

Sometime in June we'll officially be a family of five!
Our family is growing... by one more baby! As of today I'm 13 weeks along with our third.

Since we've never gotten to share the news with Rich's folks in person we told them super early while they were still in town... "Smile and repeat after me... Lindsay's pregnant!" And this is the response we got :)
It was so fun telling them that way, that we shared thenews with my Dad that way too!
It kind of looks like he dropped Dexter in the process, but he did manage to set him down nicely, haha.
My doctor has monitored this pregnancy pretty closely since we had a loss earlier this year. Below is a pic of our little one at 6 weeks 3 days, with a nice strong heartbeat. We got to have another ultrasound at 8 weeks confirming that everything is developing like it should, and heard the heartbeat at 10 and 12 weeks. After hearing the heartbeat at 12 weeks we sighed a bit of relief!
When I was pregnant with the boys I had constant nausea but didn't end up actually throwing up a ton... this pregnancy has been way different (girl maybe? Clark seems to think so!) For almost 6 weeks throwing up was a daily (and sometimes multi-daily) occurrence. Thankfully last week the sickness has stopped although I'm still pretty much constantly nauseous (WHY do they call it morning sickness when it lasts all freaking day)? Cold and flu season has hit our house too which has compounded this joy, but hopefully that corner has turned. And the bonus of everybody getting sick this month, is hopefully we'll all be healthy by the time Christmas hits!!! Two more weeks, I can't believe it's already here!
So... when I ran the Rock N Roll Saint Louis Marathon I was in my 5th week. I figured it would be fine (and confirmed that with my doctor) especially since I didn't really feel too pregnant yet. I did underestimate how exhausted I'd get! So at mile 16 I sat down and took a break with my kids, haha. I took my time, per doctors orders, and finished in under 6 hours... not exactly my initial goal time but okay considering the circumstances! I walked a lot towards the end- my back was hurting and I didn't want to overdue it. Especially since, during the race Rich had to leave town for work and I knew I'd be on my own with the boys the next couple days with barely any "downtime" to recover.
I snapped this pic this morning so you can see how large my belly is already. We were going to wait until the official start of the second trimester before telling anyone, but I couldn't really hide this, haha. Thankfully the two ultrasounds have confirmed only one heartbeat, and my doc said it's normal for the third pregnancy to show so much earlier!
And of course Clark has officially decided he has a baby in his belly too. We've tried to explain to him that mommies are the only people who get to have babies in their bellies but that hasn't prevented his little "miracle" haha. He makes very astute observations about his imaginary baby...
During breakfast one morning: "Mommy, my baby is eating all my eggs. I need to eat a LOT of eggs so I don't get hungry."
OR... "Mommy it's dark outside. That means my baby is sleeping, and when it gets light out again, my baby will wake up."

I love him :)

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Copycat;)! Congrats!!

Fich said...

1 more and you guys can have an infield...
Congratulations!!! Love you guys!!!

Janie Allyson Schneider said...

congrats!!!

Leah Warren said...

Love, love love. Calling you this weekend! We have a lot to catch up on!