Wednesday, June 2, 2010

thirty

Yesterday I turned thirty. Which is a pretty crazy statement since I swear I was in high school yesterday... where has the time gone??? But I guess while time was flying by I somehow landed a pretty amazing husband, and then had two of the cutest boys I've ever laid eyes on. The 20s were good to me. Real good. And I say bring on the 30s... they are the new 20s, right? And, if you want to see more pictures click HERE and it will link you to the pictures I put up on Facebook.
On May 22nd Nicolle & I had a joint dirty-thirty birthday party themed "party like a rockstar" and that's exactly what we did. Rich went as Bruce Springsteen, I went as Karen O (lead singer of the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs), Brian went as Slash and Nicolle as Gwen Stefani.
Marc, Dad and I


Lisa & I.
I had to include this hilarious picture of Steve. Rich managed to find a RockBand smoke machine and light kit. Awesome!
And the next afternoon here is Dex as Slash- I've got to thank Gramme for taking the boys to her house that night for a slumber party. If it weren't for her we wouldn't have been able to rock out the way we did!
Rich surprised me with three of our good friends coming in town from Chicago. Here we are the next morning on our way to brunch... And you know you're getting old when we partied until 3am and were ALL up by 9 the next morning- I kind of miss the good old days when I could sleep until noon, haha.
And here are a couple pictures from my actual birthday. The day itself was a little tough (think cranky todder/homeowner issues) but at night we had a babysitter come and we went and grabbed some dinner with my Dad. Wine and yummy Italian food did just the trick!


1 comment:

Rebecca and Jeremy said...

Hey. I love your shirt here. :)