Tuesday, June 15, 2010

ONE

I can't believe our sweet baby boy is one already. I keep saying it, but time is going by so fast! He goes to the pedi on Friday so I don't have any fun stats to report but here are just some of the things Dex is now doing at the ripe age of one...

Pointing- he loves to point at anything of interest, or he will request toys or food that way too!
Words- he now makes a noise that we *think* is him saying hi. It's pretty darn cute. He says mama and dada too, but I really don't think he knows what he's saying. And the other day I swear he tried to say balloon. "Ba" is what it really sounded like but he was pointing right at the balloon, did it twice, and usually doesn't make that sound. I was excited, haha.
Ear-Piercing screams, seriously. They hurt the ear drums, but he's so happy he can make noises that loud. I think he's the only one that's stoked about that noise though.
Walking- not quite yet, but he will walk with you holding just one hand, and he'll walk behind just about anything that can be pushed along the ground.
And... he's all over anything his brother is doing. If Clark is eating something, Dex needs to be eating the same thing. He even plays cars just like Clark. A big brother is a pretty cool thing to have :)
Yesterday we joined the pool and I think it's safe to say we might just live there this summer. Both boys love it so much, and with the temps in the 90s here it's a nice place to cool off-
We thought Dex would like some pool time on his birthday, and he got his splashing in for sure!

And Clark playing with "squirt" his Nemo turtle pool toy. This pool just opened this year and has all this fun stuff that Clark is all over. There's this fountain area, a lazy river, an entire kids slide play area, and a GIANT water slide that's for adults only, but both boys get really excited when they see it.
After the pool Dex got to open some presents. And, let me say, it's really hard to explain to a 2.5 year old that his little brother is getting presents and he isn't. "I want a birthday too!" is what Clark was whining to me this morning. When I explained that he had one coming in September he was pretty excited about that, but it didn't make the present opening part of the night any easier. And of course he loved everything that Dex got which made it all the more difficult.
lotsa hugs for Lotso, the strawberry scented bear in Toy Story 3. We are all pretty excited to see that soon!

1 comment:

Fich said...

way too cute!! See you in 6 days!!