Thursday, September 4, 2008

Family Vaca to NJ & NY



To see more pictures from our trip click here: http://tinyurl.com/6d8902

We got back Wednesday night from a fantastic trip to New Jersey and New York! We were only there a week but it felt like we did SO much in that short time. We headed to the New Jersey shore one day and Clark and I got to go to a real boardwalk for the first time and we tried Zeppoles! Clark had never seen the ocean before so he was of course very amazed- almost as amazing as the seagulls! He even got to rid some carnival rides all by himself. Then Clark stayed at Camp Grandma and Grandpa (and Joan & Stan) for 3 nights, which was wonderful for Rich & I, basically because we got to stay out late and sleep in, which we don't do too much of these days. Friday night we got to see a game at Yankee Stadium (our last before they tear it down) and they won which was great. Last time we went the game was terrible, so this was a nice change! Then it was off to Virgil's for some really yummy BBQ NY style!

Clark got to spend an afternoon at the NJ Zoo which is always a crowd pleaser, and even tried Italian Ice there for the first time. Lots of those on this trip. That night Rich and I went with Brian and Eileen to one of the NY burbs for a party one of their friends was having. There was a dunk tank, a food fight and a ton of fun.

Then Clark went to NYC for the afternoon and tried his first bites of real New York pizza! He was in love of course and I think he's been babbling about how he wants more since we've been home. Seriously we had such a blast there- got to catch up with great family, ate way too much good food and didn't want to leave. We're going to have to make this an annual trip!

Of course I took over 600 pictures (you all know I have a problem!) and I did narrow those down to a more manageable 158 for your viewing pleasure. Here's a tiny url to them http://tinyurl.com/6d89o2 because I really don't feel like trying to figure out how to make a cute little "click here" link :)

No comments: