Saturday, July 5, 2008

Palm Springs

Well, this trip was an adventure- and I've finally got some pictures uploaded to show. Last week we got back from a family trip in Palm Springs to visit Grandpa Maheu. This was my first time out there since becoming a Mom and "vacation" wasn't quite the right word :) Somehow my relaxing Palm Springs was full of waking up super early, running after babies and never having down time to lay in the sun. On the other hand it was really fun seeing Clark experience the desert for the first time and enjoy every moment in the pool- Perry said "goodbye to two" and turned three while we were out there and we celebrated by taking her to see her first movie at a theater (WALL-E) and going to Chuck E Cheese. Clark had a blast with his cousins! Splashing in the pool is his new favorite thing to do- and spending 24-7 with the "big kids" was perfect for him. And now that we're home I swear he looks for them when he wakes up in the morning!

On a different note it was sad going to Palm Springs for the first time and not having my Mom out there. It was her favorite place in the world and every time I've been out there we've packed the trip with fun memories. And I'm lucky to have all those special moments with her tucked away, but it was really tough being so close to everything so "her" without her actually being there with us. I always heard people who lost loved ones say "not a day goes by" and it's really true. Not a day goes by where I don't miss her and wish she was here...


Here's Clark tearing up the AA safety instructions. And as bad as that is, if you knew the hell AA put us through traveling you'd applaud his destruction. Anything that kept him from screaming was OK with me at that point!


The amazing view of my Dad's backyard. That lounge chair used to have my name all over it!


Golf carts are the prefered mode of transport out in the desert.


The Maheu clan (and Frankie) swimming in Patti's pool


Grandpa and Clark snuggle time


Clark reading to Miles




Miles couldn't get enough of Patti's pinball machine

Rich HATES this picture- but I think he's so damn cute I had to include it. Perry got a kick out of Clark in one of her bows- and I have to admit with those curls I did too.

Yummy watermellon by the pool



YAY- Daddy arrived!







While Miles & Perry were a BIG fan of the "jetson's" tub the minute the bubbles came on Clark wasn't too thrilled.

The Maheu's before a trip to the desert zoo


Going to see WALL-E



Clark hung with Grandpa & Patti while we saw the movie but was very entertained by the theater-
Marc & Miles at Chucky E. Cheese

A very happy birthday girl

Clark was very down with driving- it's going to be a long 15.5 years!





Dad & Patti



Clark even got to meet Chucky!


No comments: