Monday, July 4, 2011

Go Speed Racer!

I've got to say I'm BEYOND proud of Clark. This morning he ran his first race and he did so good! The Macklind Mile is a fun South City race (that is actually one single mile :) but draws runners of all levels. Then after the various adult waves (I ran the ladies race, and finished in 7:58!) there's a kid's quarter mile dash that I thought would be perfect for my little guy. He always says he wants to run like Mommy so I signed him up...
Here's Clark on his way to the start line looking adorable in his bib, he couldn't wait for the race to begin. We had to wait about 10 extra minutes which caused him to get antsy, AND it started raining... but he did great. Once the race started he cried for a couple seconds because all the kids running was overwhelming for him, but then he started laughing and took off.
The elite runners wave. We did NOT partake in that part of the race :) These guys all ran their miles in the 4 minute timeframe... crazy!
"Look! I run like Mommy!!!" He kept saying that over and over while he ran. He was excited at the crowd cheering for him on the sidelines, and we even saw one of his teachers :)
Family shot at the finish line
So proud of my little dude!
Post-race treat!

3 comments:

Traci said...

He is so cute! That is so sweet that he wanted to run like mommy.

Fich said...

Way to go Clark!! Miss you guys! The boys are doing well!!

Anonymous said...

i love this!!! he's so cute!