Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lotso bath = epic fail

Dexter LOVES Lotso. And it's big love. While he doesn't discriminate he does prefer the smaller Lotso he's hugging below. He calls him "real Lotso" and real Lotso is never far from Dex. We dread the day something happens to this poor bear because Dexter really is a mess without him. He won't sleep unless Lotso is with him- we found this out after he got dunked in the bath and spent 30 minutes in the dryer. 30 minutes that Dex called out for him in his crib, and promptly rolled over and passed out the second they were reunited. If Dex eats, Lotso eats. If Dex poops, he informs us that "Lotso pooped his pants". I've never seen anything like it. When he gets hurt, do you think he calls out for Mom or Dad? Nope, it's Lotso. Grandma & Grandpa got Dex the exact same Lotso as a backup. But he knows the difference and still will only want "real Lotso" so we're thinking of trying to break the new one in slowly... We need a back up plan at this point, or we're going to be in trouble!
Anyway, Lotso gets dirty as you can imagine. Real dirty. Lotso needs baths just like the boys do. Usually I try to sneak a REAL quick wash cycle in when I think I can get away with it. But for some strange reason last week I thought Dex might be able to handle Lotso taking a washer bath since he's understanding so much more now. But it was a big fat fail of epic proportions.

The second Dexter realized Lotso was locked in the washer he freaked. He ran into the other room to grab big Lotso (pictured on the floor next to him) to help get real Lotso out of the wash.
He tried SO hard to get that door open...
And when it didn't work he was furious... and started beating the washer yelling "bad Lotso, bad!!!!"
And crying.so.hard. I felt so horrible for him. But of course had to capture his reaction with a few phone pics so Rich could understand just how bad he was freaking out. Poor little dude!
It was ALL smiles, snuggles and kisses once they were reunited. And I've learned a valuable lesson. Next time Lotso needs a bath... Dex can't know it!

4 comments:

The H's said...

best.post.ever.

Traci said...

OMG that was way too funny!!

Leah said...

That is hilarious. I feel your pain. Olivia is that way with her pink blankets. We have two - one as a back up, but now she has to have both of them with her all the time! Have fun in Nashville!

Anonymous said...

omg..hope he doesn't do this with girlfriends lol