Thursday, January 20, 2011

Here I Go Again!!!


I have officially signed up to run my next full marathon: the San Diego Rock N Roll Marathon on June 5th. I will be training through Team in Training again in honor of sweet little Aubrey Rae Deno. I know if you're friends with me on Facebook you're probably familiar with her story... but just in case. One of my friend's little girls was diagnosed with ALL last summer. She went into remission the day before we left for San Fran but is now fighting for her life because of complications from the chemo.

CLICK HERE if you want to follow her CaringBridge page. And her Dad Dustin is on the board at a charity that is in the running to be awarded $250,000 that will go towards Leukemia research.

CLICK HERE if you want to vote for his idea (you can vote once per day).

My two running partners and I decided that this time we wanted to be mentors for our team. While that makes our personal fundraising goals smaller we are responsible for ensuring our entire team reaches theirs. The only reason I was successful last time was the amazing and generous support of our friends and family, and I am asking you guys to help me once again. CLICK HERE to see my personal fundraising page, and I've also added it to a tile on the side of this blog. Thank you for your help, and I will keep you guys posted on my fundraising, running and above all sweet little Aubrey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

see you there!