I'm going to hang my head in shame for a minute and admit that our three year old still used his binky at night. We were going to take it away when he turned two but it was his security blanket and we didn't want to do that to him with a brand new baby brother in the house.
Every single time we thought to do it something was on the horizon that made us put it off.

Anyway- Monday night it was finally time. And Clark decided to trade his binky for some "new friends" pictured above. So Rich tucked him into bed with his new friends to snuggle in place of his bink... and once Clark realized exactly what was going on the tears started. He kept saying "Daddy, I don't want new friends, I want my binky back!" It was pitiful, but oddly enough lasted only 2 minutes! He tossed and turned for a while with a few whimpers and then fell fast asleep- and he has done GREAT since then! We really thought it was going to be quite the traumatic process and are so glad it wasn't. I feel bad we helped create such an addict, but learned our lesson the second time around and thankfully Dex doesn't like the bink at all! So proud of our big boy and his awesome transition...
1 comment:
We are very proud too! Hey..... That's MY binky!
Post a Comment