Friday, September 10, 2010

Dexter

Our sweet little Dexter is turning into a little boy, where is the time going? I figured I should do an update for him since he's growing and changing so fast. He's a toddler officially now. He toddles... quickly, and everywhere. And I can't believe I don't have a baby anymore! But at the same time, it is really the most enjoyable thing watching him become a little boy...
He's a talker and already has quite a few words. Some of them are awesome, some of them are funny, and some of them I swear he only knows because he has an older brother. It's funny to see the influence an older sibling has on a younger one! So far some his words include:
Lotso - his favorite bear
Chunk - another favorite stuffed animal
Wall-E - are you seeing a theme here?
UP! - he recognizes the score from UP! and gets super excited anytime he hears it. We rock out to Pixar tunes in the car...
Thank You - although it sounds like takyooo
I did it! - also sounds like one word, but it's unmistakable
about 15 different incarnations of the word Daddy. He is SUCH a Daddy's boy.
Momma - not used nearly as much as the former
Bread Co - Panera for all you non-St. Louians. I am hanging my head in shame that he knows this word. AND that his face lights up when he sees a bread co bag. Let's just say I'm glad they started a rewards program :)
All Done - He will tell you when he's done with just about anything. He also says that when he wants to be picked up (while waving his arms in the air) as if he's saying "all done, now someone snuggle me!"
Bye - always paired with a cute little wave, and he'll even blow kisses sometimes.
Balloon - He has a word for balloon, but of course it sounds nothing like it.
Home - every time we pull up at the house he announces we're home.
And I know there are a ton more that I'm missing...

While it is real fun watching him grow and learn to communicate with us, sometimes I just want to slow down time a bit and freeze him in this stage...

2 comments:

The H's said...

what a little sweetheart! love him so much. wish we could reach through the computer and snuggle him!

Janis and Rich said...

He Is such a doll. Can't wait to see him in action!!!