Monday, May 17, 2010

Lord, help me

I registered to run a marathon. I've never done one before for a very obvious reason... I've always HATED running. But several months ago I decided to run an 8k with my girlfriends and got hooked. Then I stumbled upon the group Team in Training and knew this would be the way I could train for a marathon and not go crazy, or hurt myself for that matter. So for the next 5 months I'm going to run my heart out and see if I can get ready. If for some reason I'm not there is a half-marathon as well, but I'm going to run like that's not an option!
Through Team in Training I'll be working with a coach and a team of women also training for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco. The marathon draws over 20,000 women from across the world, and the money we raise will go towards the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I'm so excited that I'm getting the opportunity to not only challenge myself physically but also raise awareness and funds for such an important cause. Right now my fundraising goal is $3,500 and I would LOVE help in raising that. SO, if anyone reading this would like to contribute that would be awesome!!! If anyone reading this has any fun fundraising ideas I'd love to hear them. If anyone reading this thinks I'm crazy, you can tell me that too :)

The link I have added to the left side of this page will take you to my secure donation page. If you decide to donate you will receive a confirmation email, and please save that because it's a tax deduction! And I'll be sure to post an update on my training progress... Right now I've only been training for 2 weeks and i've been running an average of 3 miles, 5 times a week. Although, looking at the August & September training schedule I'm a little scared!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

San Francisco as your first marathon, eh? Make sure you do your hill work. I did my first last April and am so glad I did it. I'm impressed that you can find the time to train with two little guys on your hands! I recommend doing a half marathon 6 weeks before the marathon, and also find a good cross training alternative like swimming or biking so you don't overdo it. I imagine Team in Training has given you a training plan, but if you want to see mine (including weight training), then let me know. Good luck!

The H's said...

can't wait to contribute and follow you progress. so proud of you!!! and jealous of both the firemen & the tiffany necklace ;)