Sunday, January 17, 2010

Shamrock Shuffle

I registered... and now everybody can hold me to it. I am NOT a runner, and I have never been. I actually have always hated running. But all the runners I know love it, and say they go to a great place mentally when they're running- and I can always use a good mental vacation. Plus, runners usually have awesome bodies which is a great perk, right? So I've been working on it. And, as motivation I registered for the Shamrock Shuffle 8K run in Chicago this St. Patrick's day. I'll have 1 hour and 15 min to complete a 5 mile run. Right now I can do 3 on the treadmill in 38 minutes, so hopefully i'll be able to work up to 5 by March. When I was living in Chicago it was something I always wanted to do. And in the 8 years I lived in the city I never managed to do it once, which is pretty sad. So I'm finally going to try it, and hopefully I'll be able to finish :)

No comments: